Did you know the kitchen often nets the most ROI in relation to other areas of the home? When you update the style and function of the space, it makes it more attractive to potential buyers.
5 popular trends with great returns:
1) Smart technology - updating with the latest technological appliances allows individuals to control them from their smartphones and devices. Imagine a refrigerator that tells you when you’re running out of milk, an oven that preheats on your commute home and a dishwasher that alerts you when there’s a leak. It’s all within reach and can save you time.
2) Open-space concepts - Consider removing some or all of the upper cabinets and store dishes, food and other items at eye-level. Utilize more efficient storage solutions in the base cabinets and outfit tall wall cabinets with pullout storage so you can easily view and access the items you need.
3. Touch technology - Activate the faucet with your elbow or the back of your hand when your hands are full or dirty. Touch technology streamlines meal preparation, makes it easier to keep your sink and faucet clean and helps ensure safer food preparation.
4. Comfortable gathering space - Creating a comfortable seating area encourages family to hang out together while dinner is cooking. Kids can do homework and your friends can socialize during parties.
5. Purposeful lighting - Take your lighting to the next level by illuminating the interiors or undersides of your cabinets. Cabinet and under cabinet lighting combine function and style to add an element of sophistication to your remodeled kitchen.
I am a native Texan and real estate agent for Abby Realty in Spring, TX. I was born and raised in the Houston area; therefore, I know the city and surrounding areas well.
Whether you are buying, sell....
The information being provided by Houston Association of REALTORS, Inc. is for the consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Any information relating to real estate for sale referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Houston Association of REALTORS, Inc. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other
than the broker and/or agent who owns this web site.
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by Houston Realtors Information Service, Inc. and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2021 Houston Association of REALTORS, Inc. All rights reserved. Last Update: November 29, 2021 8:22 AM UTC